Winter 2019What are you looking forward to, Samachan?
Bakemonogatari - Hitagi CrabRecently I started digitizing the Monogatari books that have been released in English.
Summer 2018 Threadhttps://fansubdb.com/wiki/Summer_2018
Why is there such a strong persecution leaning in anime/manga?I don't mean "why are all the main characters in real-life settings Japanese", "why is Japan often the only country left after the end of the world", or even "why do isekai inhabitants always hail Japanese food/drink/customs as the greatest thing ever, including sliced bread". All of those can be at least partially excused by the rule that a writer always writes what he knows and is comfortable with, and by the fact that most series are written for a Japanese audience, who expect to see mostly Japanese people if the story is set in Japan. It's basically the same deal as why Hollywood shows are either set in the United States or are only nominally set in (say) India or the Mideast.
Godzilla anime movie trilogyHas Samachan been watching the Godzilla anime movies?
MAJIMOJI RURUMO SEASON 2 CONFIRMEDYESSS
Post your favorite manga page of all timeTwo page spreads count.
Overlord Season IIUntil the new episode's actual subs are out, make do with Nigel's hacked-on subs.
IslandI'm stealing the image from that one anonymous in the summer thread because none of the screencaps I took would make for a good opening image.
Upcoming AnimeConsidering I just made a thread for the upcoming Vinland Saga anime it feels pretty stupid to make this thread but I don't want to clutter up the board
Back Street GirlsIt finally got translated. I thought it was a huge waste as the source material was rather decent and the va was pretty good. I suppose it wasn't a priority for JC Staff and ended up with a pitiful budget. It might've been better to delay it to air it at a different time with them already doing 3 other anime this season but maybe there are issues with broadcasting slots. I hope it could still end up being one of those shows that are so bad that it's good. It's still going to be a guilty pleasure viewing for me as long as the group subbing it continues to release episodes.
Planet WithThe second show this season with an amnesiac MC. At least this one seems like it might turn out better than the other. Its at least pretty interesting off the bat.
Emiya-san Chi no Kyou no GohanDid you read Fate/Stay Night and think 'yeah this holy grail war stuff is pretty okay, but i wish we had more of these cooking scenes'?
Megalo BoxThis was a pretty strong first episode. The characters and setting are pretty interesting and the music is pretty nice too. The only thing I did have a problem with were the visuals, while they are animated pretty well, the art kind of looks grainy. It made me think I had downloaded a lower quality version or something. After a while that did stop bothering me but its a strange choice.
Grand Theory of SoL Anime ClassificationLadies, gentlemen and ladies (gentlemen), I present to you: The Grand Theory of SoL Anime Classification
Spring 2018Spring has arrived.
Sora yori mo Tooi BashoTime for the gamble of the season. I'm saying 60% chance they never leave Japan but "the real journey was making friends" or something, 35% the last episode ends with them on a boat, and 5% they actually make it to Antarctica.
Uma musumeSince there seems to be a few people watching this one but no thread yet I decided I might as well make one.
Memorable animeAre we entering an age with less truly memorable anime? The last show I can remember vividly was probably Madoka, or maybe Chaika, but I think Chaika was mostly due to the jokes being posted and not the show itself.
LN/WN ThreadWhat has everyone been reading lately, translated or otherwise? What are some ones you'd recommend? What are some you would warn to stay away from? My personal starter basket:
Full Metal Panic! Invisible VictoryI really like how they didn't change the art style for this new season, though I am a bit let down by the AS being animated in CG. While they don't look awful, it's kind of jarring having really nice animation for the characters then switching to CG for the robot bits.
Vinland Saga adaption announcedDang, it's happening.