File: 1497342416191.png (2.33 MB, 1254x1771) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
A thread for me to post summaries and other people to ask lore or game questions, I guess. Also for people to just talk about Tabletop RPGs in general.
Summary of the first two sessions
- Party wakes up in a tavern they've never seen before after they go to sleep (in their own homes or wherever). This is the premise.
- Tavern downstairs is full-on Welcome to Corneria!, one knight there (Ser Agravaine) has been dead for 10+ years judging by his dialogue. The fox loli notices the moon is in the wrong place. The tavern collapses at this point, melting away into a ruin that was 'always there'.
- Outside, in a ruined town with hundreds of corpses piled up but with only half a dozen charred houses, the party fights a bunch of zombies and skeletons to get them used to combat. The Bard can't do anything despite being the only guy in the party, because he has the brilliant idea to stab skeletons instead of putting on music or anything else.
- The party saves a few hunters who had been away for 'a day', but come back to see their village in a ruin.
- The Grim Reaper or something like it shows up at the edge of town at the head of an undead army. She moves a dozen times as quickly as the PCs and gibs the group of hunters in one move. She drops a bunch of cryptic dialogue (calling the PCs 'corrected', among other things). She detonates the surroundings with a word. The party falls into a cavern.
- The cavern is actually a ruined, collapsing temple apparently built a few hundred feet above an underground lake. There are some "friendly" goblinoids stuck there, and a number of ruined statues (and one not-so-ruined). The party manages to game a puzzle with an earth elemental and a water elemental by using their own personal water elemental. End of 2nd session.
Session 3 went roughly like this:
- Party solves puzzle that opens door to the south but is interested in door to the north–they'd seen treasure in there earlier and the goblins had mentioned how they'd never been able to get in.
- After breaking their way in, the party engaged a lime slime in combat, which let them pass into the chamber of interesting items. This was not before, however, the slime paralyzed and tried to eat the Elven cleric, Annie.
- The items in the chamber were a pile of magic feathers, some seeking/dancing caltrops, ridiculously old liquor, some silk ceremonial garments, an enchanted medallion (which may be tied to necromancy?), and some food, along with the Lime Everice harvested from the vile cube's body.
- With the treasure chamber looted, the party then looked south. Miya went down to a previously unexplored room, and the entire party was teleported into the room after Miya was found by the room's owner–a benign Scylla priestess with some pretty impressive magical chops. She explained some more of the world and the situation they were in, gave a bit more of a perspective on the reaper character from before, Amy, and tried to recruit the party members to her own theology. Matilde accepted the offer. Turns out the silk garments from before were other members of her religion who had since passed on, though it's not entirely clear.
- Erika, the Scylla priestess, then teleported them right outside the room, since, without a reference for time, the group had been mucking about the first dungeon late into the night. Having done this, the group was about to stop when the Elven healslut fucked about, stepped on a trapdoor, got hit with a dart, and made two lucky rolls which stopped her from getting poisoned by said dart, and the other which stopped her from getting immediately raped by spiders. Next time on Dragonball Z, the party will engage these spiders in combat.
Everyone decided to end here. Sorry if you were going to make a summary as well DM-san but I saw the thread and I vomited this onto the page
File: 1530452203862.jpg (219.39 KB, 1059x1405) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
I mean, I don't really mind. I was going to summarize next session together with this one is all since not much happened.
>This was not before, however, the slime paralyzed and tried to eat the Elven cleric, Annie
this doesn't do the episode justice
also, you forgot to mention it happened TWICE
Please post more of the catgirl's cute yelps and winces.
File: 1497484961815.jpg (322.84 KB, 1000x1333) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
One of you had previously expressed interest in joining if a spot opened up. Well, one of the players never did show up.
If you're here and still interested in a game running at roughly 1200 PST on Sundays for 4-6 hours, reply to this post. If you want to join I'll link you the game and the books I'd like you to read and help walk you through character creation later.
If you're no longer interested that's alright, I've found another substitute, but I did ask you first so you have priority if you still want to join.
File: 1482304710143.png (248.89 KB, 637x646) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
Starter pack for 3.PF:
Player's Handbook v3.5 (aka the Player's Handbook or PHB) - Chapters 1-4, Chapters 7-9, and also 10 if you're thinking of playing a magic user.
The above are "hard rules". You sort of need to have at least a basic familiarity of them to play anything but a theatre-of-the-mind, 100% RP game.
Player's Handbook II - Chapter 5, optionally 6-7. This was a supplement to the original PHB.https://rpg.rem.uz/Dungeons%20%26%20Dragons/D%26D%203rd%20Edition/D%26D%203.5e%20Core/Player%27s%20Handbook%20II.pdf
This isn't about rules, it just has some nice tips for RP and character building if you need them.
This is the archive I'm pulling from. Technically, more or less everything here is allowed besides Chainmail (not really the same game), Three Dragon Ante (a card game), Worldwide Game Days/Tiles, and of course the things I banned. A lot of this stuff is meant to be read by DMs (but it doesn't exactly matter, I'm not pulling directly from it for the most part) and none of it is something I think you need to read. Dragon Magazine spans some 150 issues of 80 pages and I don't really want you to binge that much. Some useful ones, though:
This is for martial characters (aka fighting types) that don't want to be scrubs. Due to houserules, they're not necessarily stronger, but they get to do cool wap shit like teleporting behind someone.https://rpg.rem.uz/Dungeons%20%26%20Dragons/D%26D%203rd%20Edition/D%26D%203.0e%20Core/Arms%20%26%20Equipment%20Guide.pdf
This isn't actually a compilation of anything but it has a whole lot of mundane gear.
The archive goes down ocassionally. If it's down tell me and I'll upload a mega link or something.
Some people are into psionics. I never did cover psionics in the setting but it won't be too hard to integrate, if you're into that.
BoED and BoVD are two books that cover good and evil. It's not particularly like their definitions necessarily apply, but they make for some fair reading if you're thinking of playing a Trve Hero or a villain or some stripe.
There's also the Complete series and Sandstorm, Stormwrack, and Frostburn, but none of those particularly matter this early in the game and you ultimately won't need them, most likely (they mostly provide mid-level options).
Pathfinder was originally launched after WotC published 4e. 4e wasn't necessarily bad, but it was really REALLY different - imagine if the next Call of Duty played like ARMA or Halo, for example. This pissed off a lot of players, especially since 3.5 content was massive in scale and none of the books applied anymore (your money was gone, essentially). Paizo, who published Dragon, launched Pathfinder, using a loophole in the way the game license was worded. Pathfinder is basically just 3.75e, and its content is allowed. Almost everything it has can be found herehttps://www.d20pfsrd.com
Special note for Pathfinder:
I've whitelisted some 3rd party stuff, and while I don't particularly care to force you to read it, if you're interested in playing things they offer you might. In particular, Path of War(https://www.d20pfsrd.com/path-of-war/
) is a third party system that continues the ideas of the Tome of Battle (in fact it began as homebrew on the official forums).
File: Avurs.png (9.75 MB, 2600x2200) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
I hate to spring this on you guys and especially the DM, but there's something I've got to tell you guys. Long story short, due to a recent death in my family and a lot of affairs that are tagging along with that, I'm not going to be able to attend the D&D sessions in any regular pattern and I think you should find someone to either a.) replace me and take control of Annie in my stead, or b.)remove and replace her with role of cleric with someone who wants to fill that role. Not like she really has a set, established character as it is, but, I digress…
I say this with a heavy heart because I really, really wanted to be a part of this and I really, really wanted to have fun with you guys since I enjoy being with you all. I had a lot of fun and I'm going to miss it. However, as it is, I'm not going to be able to make time for it, at least not in any regular capacity. I'd love to stop in from time to time to check up on the chatlogs / how the story has progressed, but I really can't make it any more. I don't want to have anyone stretch their time on my account and I don't want to continuously ask you guys for leeway, and for the foreseeable future, that's the only way I'd be able to continue. You guys don't deserve that sort of stress, especially not from me, so I'll be taking my leave.
Best of luck, and I'm so sorry to everyone, especially to you, DM. You've worked really hard on putting this together and I know this is going to piss you off especially. I'm genuinely sorry. I'm also sorry for being pretty useless as far as knowing the rules and RPing. Again, best of luck.
… perhaps Annie died from the poison dart…?
Wow, things are falling apart around here, aren't they.
How long are you going to be disrupted for? If it's on the scale of a month I can essentially deal with that.
Or rather, is it that it's impossible for you to make any time, or is it specifically the time we usually go at? Would Sundays work better?
File: 1487393981699.png (1.16 MB, 1173x1166) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
Gonna post some vaguely fantastical art that also doubles as an imagestore so I don't forget what they're called when I need to upload them.
File: 1486776091093.jpg (909 KB, 850x1200) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
File: 1487126678563.png (200.96 KB, 1053x745) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
File: 1486609021095.png (807.07 KB, 636x900) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
File: 1486327478186.jpg (578.49 KB, 1169x827) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
File: 1485959294129.png (208.88 KB, 450x600) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
File: 1487334465401.jpg (2.41 MB, 1648x2016) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
File: 1486009216976.jpg (142.04 KB, 700x1024) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
File: 1486702466551.png (528.61 KB, 578x818) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
File: 1486524586772.png (3.53 MB, 1920x1080) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
File: 1486568136812.jpg (1014.8 KB, 952x800) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
File: 1486454169121.jpg (102.91 KB, 850x804) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
File: 1486504123075.jpg (1.47 MB, 1224x1705) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
File: 1486406074911.jpg (137.34 KB, 600x1062) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
File: 1485542960849.jpg (546.06 KB, 1300x1808) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
File: 1486404061923.jpg (88.92 KB, 620x877) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
File: 1486403295880.jpg (152.92 KB, 641x800) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
File: 1486057987801.jpg (202.75 KB, 1024x725) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
File: 1485952391107.jpg (325.36 KB, 850x1206) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
File: 1486031387674.jpg (91.64 KB, 600x883) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
File: 1486023411168.jpg (1022.03 KB, 1000x1350) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
File: 1485270605874.jpg (453.38 KB, 1566x830) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
File: 1zICWTr.jpg (404.9 KB, 1890x1008) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
File: 1481821518936.jpg (512.83 KB, 578x700) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
File: 1486558899541.jpg (95.69 KB, 600x419) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
File: 1487392757839.png (1.91 MB, 2204x2755) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
Gotta be honest, didn't expect to see a motte and bailey on the front page when I opened sama today.
It's a comfy fort.
File: 1436121748049.jpg (96.18 KB, 840x700) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
Is Saturday some sort of bad day for you
Either way if Ryusei can't make it, again, then, again, no session this week. And no midweeking, I don't have time.
Gambler - 1
Confetti - 1
Ryusei - 2
No, its just that last saturday something pretty bad happened and I couldn't really do anything about it. There was no way for me to make it to the session.
This saturday was a similar story, but I had already made plans since like a month ago, then totally forgot about them until someone reminded me a day before.
again I'm really sorry. I don't think I'll miss any more sessions.>>14802
Can you really count confetti as 1 if he never showed up in the first place?
For the anon who wanted the bit of the setting. Let nobody tell you I'm not creatively bankrupt. Also I sort of translated these in order of what PCs might want to know more than in order of importance or whatever.
Also. I guess I forgot to do the summaries, I'll do them tomorrow, maybe.
Ah, right so I left off from…>>14597? Anyway…
- Party beats the spiders and scouts the rest of the temple. Miya spends a huge amount of time poking around a bathroom. They end up scouting a pair of dorms and another bathroom, in which they find an old as hell love letter as well as some minor potions of…something.
- They run into a trapped room which rumbles and sparks and telekinetically tosses people around and such, but eventually just opens the door.
- A statue beyond the "trapped" room quizzes them on ancient theology. Annie gets one of the answers right, so the statue bitches and moans about how the treasury is already almost empty but because it's just a statue it has to hand out rewards anyway.
- The boss fight is a doppelganger fight (against slightly higher optimized versions of the PCs using half wealth and who are forced to against a DC 20 will save attack only their counterpart directly). Hoki (Confetti) gets split in half and bleeds out. Annie survives, despite Gambler running off. The boss fight ends with a super wraith running through the wall in a hurry, killing the last doppelganger by existing, talking a bit of smack towards the party, then phasing through the opposite wall.
- Past the boss fight, an identical statue wearing four artefacts hands out loot while bitching and moaning. The loot includes among other things a cursed revolver and a tiny, very angry animated snowman that wants to be free of its snowglobe prison.
- On the way out of the temple, they run into Ose, #57 of the Ars Goetia Midnight Seventy, who is busy tormenting a bunch of helpless NPCs and being generally Chaotic Evil. She tries cursing the party, but plot armor saves them, and the party lets her run off (with her loot, a whimpering elf lady who's going to get tortured like you can't even imagine). Annie gets shunted away via a curse, but doesn't exactly die, which pisses off Ose to no end.
- Six hours timeskip, they end up near a druid's house and a shitton of wild animals, where Gambler's replacement shows up (Confetti's is in the next town), an elven cleric of treehugging. They talk about drugs saving the trees and shit from the nasty capitalist king for a bit before the druid and her giant puffball companion lets the party sleep in her house. There's also a gigantic "rabbit" that the cleric identifies as a Redshirt Dwarf, a fey that looks like a rabbit but explodes repeatedly when angry.
I think I might not be home in time for the session this week. I've been busy all week running errands. So yeah, sorry, next week (probably, school starts around then and opening ceremonies are a pain to manage).
File: 1510592129569.png (341.49 KB, 477x1626) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
I'm not going to be able to make it for this weeks session. I'm going to be busy this weekend and probably wont have access to the internet in any reliable way until late in the day.
Sorry about this ;-;
File: 1494977498929.png (1.18 MB, 1121x1181) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
We return to your only theoretically scheduled TTRPG sessions (in like 1.5 days).
That said, Ryusei and icicle need to give me what they want to do (including their characters) and Ryusei should try to create a backstory.
Yes, I can make things up wholesale and I don't even mind doing so but then you would be playing a premade character, in essence. If you would absolutely like me to do that or if you want me to make a base and then you develop off it I can, but would rather not. That said if there still isn't a backstory or something by the time the session is up I think I'll have no real choice.
what do you mean "what we want to do"?
aren't we continuing the previous game?
We shall speak more of this in session…
File: 1477417725544.jpg (458.7 KB, 1352x1000) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
- Generic Rabbit is freed but because everyone was too cowardly to take it along it wasn't made a character
- #2 poisons herself via flying puffball.
- Group moves onto a small village with your normal small village dynamics. They run into a merchant caravan being held up.
- Miya tries to become a hero and hides in the barrel to slaughter the bandits, except the bandits know the merchant in question and they're just the town guard. Horatio pretends to be insane to get her enough time to fuck off.
- Carco, a cheesemonger, is heard arguing loudly with a customer over the increased prices, which he cites a new royal edict that forces thorough searches of every caravan ever as the cause of.
- They also banter with a baking elf and a dwarf who isn't actually a Dwarf, just a dwarf.
- Miya meets an old hunter acquaintance living in the village, which reminds her that this is the village she used to live in, partially bringing the memories back. Problem is it's been two years for some reason and she remembers two weeks, tops. Also, an insane paladin (Ioanna) determined to find her oniichan molests Miya and also interrogates the old hunter.
- Miya heads back to her Cabin In The Woods(tm) and finds the skeletal corpse of a kitsune around two years older than herself, with a circular hole in her skull and a bunch of bone faults that the paladin identifies as poison.
File: 1495825932918.jpg (379.72 KB, 700x782) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
- They also find a slut who looks exactly like Black Irisviel sitting in the cabin, who snarks at the PCs for a bit.
- She also informs them that everyone in the original group (except #2) is fucking dead and wants to know how.
- Miya's stress has hit the limit and she's rude to the slut, who then rolls for initiative, promptly gibs Horatio, then gets killed the next turn herself.
- She reappears in seconds and rezzes Ho though so all's well that ends well. Ioanna tries to kill her two more times and does so both times, though goddesses don't die when they're killed so whatever.
- Ho gets a fangirl who shows up gushing about Horatio Bieber. After around ten minutes IC of shocked paralysis (during which Ryusei was off getting food or something), Ho wakes up, rolls a 32 or something insane like that on his Perform check, and basically makes Celica the Mage Fangirl climax on the spot. During all of this Ioanna is in a state of 'holy shit I'm travelling with zombies'.
- Celica asks for help trying to get out of her tiny fucking town so she can learn magic so they show up next morning there.
- Celica's house is literally full of gunpowder. It's like a depot in there.
- Also they find out Celica was trying to summon basically Satan so he could teach her magic. Miya does so by accident anyway and unwittingly sells her afterlife by asking Ba'al a question.
- In a horrible mood, everyone leaves town for the big city they were going to anyway. They also kill a bunch of "bandits" in suspiciously military gear and accompanied by a woman in an imperial mage uniform from the next country over.
Also just a heads up
I don't plan on a delay, but it may be inevitable. Since we're missing a player anyway, I think if I haven't said anything to the contrary by one day before the normal session time it will be safe to say we'll skip next week. I've edited the time on roll20 to reflect this.
>>15006>Horatio pretends to be insane to get her enough time to fuck off.
It was a UFO! A UFO!!
>>15006>Also, an insane paladin (Ioanna) determined to find her oniichan molests Miya
I ignored all the ERP. I could post the cheese inventory of Carco or the pastry inventory of Anne instead.
A couple of interesting if unoptimal combinations
1. "The Dragonball"
To pull this off you need to be an initiator with access to 5th level Riven Hourglass (Path of War: Expanded) and Setting Sun (Tome of Battle) manoeuvres. A Harbinger (PoW:E) or Swordsage (ToB) does nicely. You'll also need the Sun School (Complete Warrior) feat and the Follow Through talent from Brute Sphere (SoM).
Make sure you're in the Chronal Fission stance, which allows you two counters per round. Then make a normal, non-manoeuvre attack. Follow Through allows you to Bull Rush a struck opponent immediately, so do so. The Mirrored Pursuit ability of Setting Sun allows you to immediately teleport next to an opponent who is moved away from you by any means. Sun School allows you to attack whenever you teleport or move instantly. Attack again, triggering Follow Through, Mirrored Pursuit, and Sun School again. You have now pinballed your opponent.
2. Blast and Slice, or "How I learned to slit someone's throat after fireballing them"
This is actually a fairly simple combination, but it works best for Warmages or Clerics. Cast an attack spell as a Swift action, preferably one (such as Magic Missile) that is guaranteed damage at an opponent who will be brought under zero by this spell. Move up to them with your move action, then trigger the Death Blow feat from Complete Warrior, allowing you to CdG the enemy as a Standard.
File: 1495666145416.jpg (383.46 KB, 1000x1250) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
So there may be no session this week due to missing players in a zone where I really would like to have a full group, not set in stone yet but we'll see. I guess I'll just do a summary for now, though speaking of summaries, does anyone want them, or should I stop?
- en-route to the city, group arrives at a Roman camp of some sort. Now note that not!Rome is not on good terms with the country they're in.
- Uneasy, the group relaxes a little when it's made clear they're looking for a deserter that fits the description of the 'bandit leader' they just fought.
- Aurelia us Biktria and Tatiana Corvinus are there, which are big names that nobody in the group actually recognizes except the native Ossian (Ioanna). She manages to piss off Aurelia a bit by asking stupid questions about oniisan.
- They get to the city at last after reciveing a small amount of money (for PCs; it's a stupendous amount for NPCs). There's a fair being prepared, though it won't be up for another week.
- Group heads to the library in the meantime. Once they get in they realize the library is full of holes, literally, and also that there's no way out. The only way forward has a huge holy blocking the way.
- Matilde shoots a piton into the ceiling so everyone can swing across. Horatio is a coward and doesn't go first, which bites him in the back when he falls the fuck through. Also, Ioanna literally punches her way around the hole.
- They find a succubus there who immediately turns all of them on due to passive spell effects, but nothing happens. Either way they push her for info, which she gives. She's also pretty open about the fact that the library being completely abandoned is basically her fault.
- Miya makes the classic mistake of asking a demon for help with her soul, but is smart enough not to take either of the succubus' offers. The succ also gives Matilde some information, and Matilde seeks to rig the tournament at the fair. Ioanna also gets a name for her oniichan.
- The group leaves, and tries to go to sleep in literally the best inn in the city. However, they feel like peasants and head off to a less fancy place.
- Next morning they head off to Iridia's temple in the swamps, though not before selling Erika's liquor from 30k years back for massive $$$.
- They almost get their shit pushed in by Will of the Wisps though.
- Also they find out that Iridia's place is full of Christian symbolism (though not IC obviously).
Even though I'm in the game I do enjoy reading them.
That is mainly my problem, though, as if only the people who are in game give a damn then there's no reason for me to keep updating.
Hey Miyanon, got a question
Who's been the most 'untouchable' NPC you've met so far, in Miya's mind?
Um, probably the demon that we summoned, since it cursed her just by talking to her. Iridia is a strong contender as well, seeing as she saw her get dismembered multiple times and walk right back into the room, and she had her relic at one point and is currently transporting them to talk to God or something