File: 1497342416191.png (2.33 MB, 1254x1771) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
A thread for me to post summaries and other people to ask lore or game questions, I guess. Also for people to just talk about Tabletop RPGs in general.
Summary of the first two sessions
- Party wakes up in a tavern they've never seen before after they go to sleep (in their own homes or wherever). This is the premise.
- Tavern downstairs is full-on Welcome to Corneria!, one knight there (Ser Agravaine) has been dead for 10+ years judging by his dialogue. The fox loli notices the moon is in the wrong place. The tavern collapses at this point, melting away into a ruin that was 'always there'.
- Outside, in a ruined town with hundreds of corpses piled up but with only half a dozen charred houses, the party fights a bunch of zombies and skeletons to get them used to combat. The Bard can't do anything despite being the only guy in the party, because he has the brilliant idea to stab skeletons instead of putting on music or anything else.
- The party saves a few hunters who had been away for 'a day', but come back to see their village in a ruin.
- The Grim Reaper or something like it shows up at the edge of town at the head of an undead army. She moves a dozen times as quickly as the PCs and gibs the group of hunters in one move. She drops a bunch of cryptic dialogue (calling the PCs 'corrected', among other things). She detonates the surroundings with a word. The party falls into a cavern.
- The cavern is actually a ruined, collapsing temple apparently built a few hundred feet above an underground lake. There are some "friendly" goblinoids stuck there, and a number of ruined statues (and one not-so-ruined). The party manages to game a puzzle with an earth elemental and a water elemental by using their own personal water elemental. End of 2nd session.
Session 3 went roughly like this:
- Party solves puzzle that opens door to the south but is interested in door to the north–they'd seen treasure in there earlier and the goblins had mentioned how they'd never been able to get in.
- After breaking their way in, the party engaged a lime slime in combat, which let them pass into the chamber of interesting items. This was not before, however, the slime paralyzed and tried to eat the Elven cleric, Annie.
- The items in the chamber were a pile of magic feathers, some seeking/dancing caltrops, ridiculously old liquor, some silk ceremonial garments, an enchanted medallion (which may be tied to necromancy?), and some food, along with the Lime Everice harvested from the vile cube's body.
- With the treasure chamber looted, the party then looked south. Miya went down to a previously unexplored room, and the entire party was teleported into the room after Miya was found by the room's owner–a benign Scylla priestess with some pretty impressive magical chops. She explained some more of the world and the situation they were in, gave a bit more of a perspective on the reaper character from before, Amy, and tried to recruit the party members to her own theology. Matilde accepted the offer. Turns out the silk garments from before were other members of her religion who had since passed on, though it's not entirely clear.
- Erika, the Scylla priestess, then teleported them right outside the room, since, without a reference for time, the group had been mucking about the first dungeon late into the night. Having done this, the group was about to stop when the Elven healslut fucked about, stepped on a trapdoor, got hit with a dart, and made two lucky rolls which stopped her from getting poisoned by said dart, and the other which stopped her from getting immediately raped by spiders. Next time on Dragonball Z, the party will engage these spiders in combat.
Everyone decided to end here. Sorry if you were going to make a summary as well DM-san but I saw the thread and I vomited this onto the page
File: 1530452203862.jpg (219.39 KB, 1059x1405) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
I mean, I don't really mind. I was going to summarize next session together with this one is all since not much happened.
>This was not before, however, the slime paralyzed and tried to eat the Elven cleric, Annie
this doesn't do the episode justice
also, you forgot to mention it happened TWICE
Please post more of the catgirl's cute yelps and winces.
File: 1497484961815.jpg (322.84 KB, 1000x1333) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
One of you had previously expressed interest in joining if a spot opened up. Well, one of the players never did show up.
If you're here and still interested in a game running at roughly 1200 PST on Sundays for 4-6 hours, reply to this post. If you want to join I'll link you the game and the books I'd like you to read and help walk you through character creation later.
If you're no longer interested that's alright, I've found another substitute, but I did ask you first so you have priority if you still want to join.
File: 1482304710143.png (248.89 KB, 637x646) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
Starter pack for 3.PF:
Player's Handbook v3.5 (aka the Player's Handbook or PHB) - Chapters 1-4, Chapters 7-9, and also 10 if you're thinking of playing a magic user.
The above are "hard rules". You sort of need to have at least a basic familiarity of them to play anything but a theatre-of-the-mind, 100% RP game.
Player's Handbook II - Chapter 5, optionally 6-7. This was a supplement to the original PHB.https://rpg.rem.uz/Dungeons%20%26%20Dragons/D%26D%203rd%20Edition/D%26D%203.5e%20Core/Player%27s%20Handbook%20II.pdf
This isn't about rules, it just has some nice tips for RP and character building if you need them.
This is the archive I'm pulling from. Technically, more or less everything here is allowed besides Chainmail (not really the same game), Three Dragon Ante (a card game), Worldwide Game Days/Tiles, and of course the things I banned. A lot of this stuff is meant to be read by DMs (but it doesn't exactly matter, I'm not pulling directly from it for the most part) and none of it is something I think you need to read. Dragon Magazine spans some 150 issues of 80 pages and I don't really want you to binge that much. Some useful ones, though:
This is for martial characters (aka fighting types) that don't want to be scrubs. Due to houserules, they're not necessarily stronger, but they get to do cool wap shit like teleporting behind someone.https://rpg.rem.uz/Dungeons%20%26%20Dragons/D%26D%203rd%20Edition/D%26D%203.0e%20Core/Arms%20%26%20Equipment%20Guide.pdf
This isn't actually a compilation of anything but it has a whole lot of mundane gear.
The archive goes down ocassionally. If it's down tell me and I'll upload a mega link or something.
Some people are into psionics. I never did cover psionics in the setting but it won't be too hard to integrate, if you're into that.
BoED and BoVD are two books that cover good and evil. It's not particularly like their definitions necessarily apply, but they make for some fair reading if you're thinking of playing a Trve Hero or a villain or some stripe.
There's also the Complete series and Sandstorm, Stormwrack, and Frostburn, but none of those particularly matter this early in the game and you ultimately won't need them, most likely (they mostly provide mid-level options).
Pathfinder was originally launched after WotC published 4e. 4e wasn't necessarily bad, but it was really REALLY different - imagine if the next Call of Duty played like ARMA or Halo, for example. This pissed off a lot of players, especially since 3.5 content was massive in scale and none of the books applied anymore (your money was gone, essentially). Paizo, who published Dragon, launched Pathfinder, using a loophole in the way the game license was worded. Pathfinder is basically just 3.75e, and its content is allowed. Almost everything it has can be found herehttps://www.d20pfsrd.com
Special note for Pathfinder:
I've whitelisted some 3rd party stuff, and while I don't particularly care to force you to read it, if you're interested in playing things they offer you might. In particular, Path of War(https://www.d20pfsrd.com/path-of-war/
) is a third party system that continues the ideas of the Tome of Battle (in fact it began as homebrew on the official forums).
File: Avurs.png (9.75 MB, 2600x2200) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
I hate to spring this on you guys and especially the DM, but there's something I've got to tell you guys. Long story short, due to a recent death in my family and a lot of affairs that are tagging along with that, I'm not going to be able to attend the D&D sessions in any regular pattern and I think you should find someone to either a.) replace me and take control of Annie in my stead, or b.)remove and replace her with role of cleric with someone who wants to fill that role. Not like she really has a set, established character as it is, but, I digress…
I say this with a heavy heart because I really, really wanted to be a part of this and I really, really wanted to have fun with you guys since I enjoy being with you all. I had a lot of fun and I'm going to miss it. However, as it is, I'm not going to be able to make time for it, at least not in any regular capacity. I'd love to stop in from time to time to check up on the chatlogs / how the story has progressed, but I really can't make it any more. I don't want to have anyone stretch their time on my account and I don't want to continuously ask you guys for leeway, and for the foreseeable future, that's the only way I'd be able to continue. You guys don't deserve that sort of stress, especially not from me, so I'll be taking my leave.
Best of luck, and I'm so sorry to everyone, especially to you, DM. You've worked really hard on putting this together and I know this is going to piss you off especially. I'm genuinely sorry. I'm also sorry for being pretty useless as far as knowing the rules and RPing. Again, best of luck.
… perhaps Annie died from the poison dart…?
Wow, things are falling apart around here, aren't they.
How long are you going to be disrupted for? If it's on the scale of a month I can essentially deal with that.
Or rather, is it that it's impossible for you to make any time, or is it specifically the time we usually go at? Would Sundays work better?
File: 1487393981699.png (1.16 MB, 1173x1166) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
Gonna post some vaguely fantastical art that also doubles as an imagestore so I don't forget what they're called when I need to upload them.
File: 1486776091093.jpg (909 KB, 850x1200) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
File: 1487126678563.png (200.96 KB, 1053x745) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
File: 1486609021095.png (807.07 KB, 636x900) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
File: 1486327478186.jpg (578.49 KB, 1169x827) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
File: 1485959294129.png (208.88 KB, 450x600) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
File: 1487334465401.jpg (2.41 MB, 1648x2016) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
File: 1486009216976.jpg (142.04 KB, 700x1024) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
File: 1486702466551.png (528.61 KB, 578x818) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
File: 1486524586772.png (3.53 MB, 1920x1080) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
File: 1486568136812.jpg (1014.8 KB, 952x800) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
File: 1486454169121.jpg (102.91 KB, 850x804) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
File: 1486504123075.jpg (1.47 MB, 1224x1705) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
File: 1486406074911.jpg (137.34 KB, 600x1062) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
File: 1485542960849.jpg (546.06 KB, 1300x1808) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
File: 1486404061923.jpg (88.92 KB, 620x877) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
File: 1486403295880.jpg (152.92 KB, 641x800) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
File: 1486057987801.jpg (202.75 KB, 1024x725) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
File: 1485952391107.jpg (325.36 KB, 850x1206) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
File: 1486031387674.jpg (91.64 KB, 600x883) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
File: 1486023411168.jpg (1022.03 KB, 1000x1350) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
File: 1485270605874.jpg (453.38 KB, 1566x830) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
File: 1zICWTr.jpg (404.9 KB, 1890x1008) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
File: 1481821518936.jpg (512.83 KB, 578x700) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
File: 1486558899541.jpg (95.69 KB, 600x419) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
File: 1487392757839.png (1.91 MB, 2204x2755) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
Gotta be honest, didn't expect to see a motte and bailey on the front page when I opened sama today.
It's a comfy fort.
File: 1436121748049.jpg (96.18 KB, 840x700) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
Is Saturday some sort of bad day for you
Either way if Ryusei can't make it, again, then, again, no session this week. And no midweeking, I don't have time.
Gambler - 1
Confetti - 1
Ryusei - 2
No, its just that last saturday something pretty bad happened and I couldn't really do anything about it. There was no way for me to make it to the session.
This saturday was a similar story, but I had already made plans since like a month ago, then totally forgot about them until someone reminded me a day before.
again I'm really sorry. I don't think I'll miss any more sessions.>>14802
Can you really count confetti as 1 if he never showed up in the first place?
For the anon who wanted the bit of the setting. Let nobody tell you I'm not creatively bankrupt. Also I sort of translated these in order of what PCs might want to know more than in order of importance or whatever.
Also. I guess I forgot to do the summaries, I'll do them tomorrow, maybe.
Ah, right so I left off from…>>14597? Anyway…
- Party beats the spiders and scouts the rest of the temple. Miya spends a huge amount of time poking around a bathroom. They end up scouting a pair of dorms and another bathroom, in which they find an old as hell love letter as well as some minor potions of…something.
- They run into a trapped room which rumbles and sparks and telekinetically tosses people around and such, but eventually just opens the door.
- A statue beyond the "trapped" room quizzes them on ancient theology. Annie gets one of the answers right, so the statue bitches and moans about how the treasury is already almost empty but because it's just a statue it has to hand out rewards anyway.
- The boss fight is a doppelganger fight (against slightly higher optimized versions of the PCs using half wealth and who are forced to against a DC 20 will save attack only their counterpart directly). Hoki (Confetti) gets split in half and bleeds out. Annie survives, despite Gambler running off. The boss fight ends with a super wraith running through the wall in a hurry, killing the last doppelganger by existing, talking a bit of smack towards the party, then phasing through the opposite wall.
- Past the boss fight, an identical statue wearing four artefacts hands out loot while bitching and moaning. The loot includes among other things a cursed revolver and a tiny, very angry animated snowman that wants to be free of its snowglobe prison.
- On the way out of the temple, they run into Ose, #57 of the Ars Goetia Midnight Seventy, who is busy tormenting a bunch of helpless NPCs and being generally Chaotic Evil. She tries cursing the party, but plot armor saves them, and the party lets her run off (with her loot, a whimpering elf lady who's going to get tortured like you can't even imagine). Annie gets shunted away via a curse, but doesn't exactly die, which pisses off Ose to no end.
- Six hours timeskip, they end up near a druid's house and a shitton of wild animals, where Gambler's replacement shows up (Confetti's is in the next town), an elven cleric of treehugging. They talk about drugs saving the trees and shit from the nasty capitalist king for a bit before the druid and her giant puffball companion lets the party sleep in her house. There's also a gigantic "rabbit" that the cleric identifies as a Redshirt Dwarf, a fey that looks like a rabbit but explodes repeatedly when angry.
I think I might not be home in time for the session this week. I've been busy all week running errands. So yeah, sorry, next week (probably, school starts around then and opening ceremonies are a pain to manage).
File: 1510592129569.png (341.49 KB, 477x1626) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
I'm not going to be able to make it for this weeks session. I'm going to be busy this weekend and probably wont have access to the internet in any reliable way until late in the day.
Sorry about this ;-;
File: 1494977498929.png (1.18 MB, 1121x1181) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
We return to your only theoretically scheduled TTRPG sessions (in like 1.5 days).
That said, Ryusei and icicle need to give me what they want to do (including their characters) and Ryusei should try to create a backstory.
Yes, I can make things up wholesale and I don't even mind doing so but then you would be playing a premade character, in essence. If you would absolutely like me to do that or if you want me to make a base and then you develop off it I can, but would rather not. That said if there still isn't a backstory or something by the time the session is up I think I'll have no real choice.
what do you mean "what we want to do"?
aren't we continuing the previous game?
We shall speak more of this in session…
File: 1477417725544.jpg (458.7 KB, 1352x1000) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
- Generic Rabbit is freed but because everyone was too cowardly to take it along it wasn't made a character
- #2 poisons herself via flying puffball.
- Group moves onto a small village with your normal small village dynamics. They run into a merchant caravan being held up.
- Miya tries to become a hero and hides in the barrel to slaughter the bandits, except the bandits know the merchant in question and they're just the town guard. Horatio pretends to be insane to get her enough time to fuck off.
- Carco, a cheesemonger, is heard arguing loudly with a customer over the increased prices, which he cites a new royal edict that forces thorough searches of every caravan ever as the cause of.
- They also banter with a baking elf and a dwarf who isn't actually a Dwarf, just a dwarf.
- Miya meets an old hunter acquaintance living in the village, which reminds her that this is the village she used to live in, partially bringing the memories back. Problem is it's been two years for some reason and she remembers two weeks, tops. Also, an insane paladin (Ioanna) determined to find her oniichan molests Miya and also interrogates the old hunter.
- Miya heads back to her Cabin In The Woods(tm) and finds the skeletal corpse of a kitsune around two years older than herself, with a circular hole in her skull and a bunch of bone faults that the paladin identifies as poison.
File: 1495825932918.jpg (379.72 KB, 700x782) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
- They also find a slut who looks exactly like Black Irisviel sitting in the cabin, who snarks at the PCs for a bit.
- She also informs them that everyone in the original group (except #2) is fucking dead and wants to know how.
- Miya's stress has hit the limit and she's rude to the slut, who then rolls for initiative, promptly gibs Horatio, then gets killed the next turn herself.
- She reappears in seconds and rezzes Ho though so all's well that ends well. Ioanna tries to kill her two more times and does so both times, though goddesses don't die when they're killed so whatever.
- Ho gets a fangirl who shows up gushing about Horatio Bieber. After around ten minutes IC of shocked paralysis (during which Ryusei was off getting food or something), Ho wakes up, rolls a 32 or something insane like that on his Perform check, and basically makes Celica the Mage Fangirl climax on the spot. During all of this Ioanna is in a state of 'holy shit I'm travelling with zombies'.
- Celica asks for help trying to get out of her tiny fucking town so she can learn magic so they show up next morning there.
- Celica's house is literally full of gunpowder. It's like a depot in there.
- Also they find out Celica was trying to summon basically Satan so he could teach her magic. Miya does so by accident anyway and unwittingly sells her afterlife by asking Ba'al a question.
- In a horrible mood, everyone leaves town for the big city they were going to anyway. They also kill a bunch of "bandits" in suspiciously military gear and accompanied by a woman in an imperial mage uniform from the next country over.
Also just a heads up
I don't plan on a delay, but it may be inevitable. Since we're missing a player anyway, I think if I haven't said anything to the contrary by one day before the normal session time it will be safe to say we'll skip next week. I've edited the time on roll20 to reflect this.
>>15006>Horatio pretends to be insane to get her enough time to fuck off.
It was a UFO! A UFO!!
>>15006>Also, an insane paladin (Ioanna) determined to find her oniichan molests Miya
I ignored all the ERP. I could post the cheese inventory of Carco or the pastry inventory of Anne instead.
A couple of interesting if unoptimal combinations
1. "The Dragonball"
To pull this off you need to be an initiator with access to 5th level Riven Hourglass (Path of War: Expanded) and Setting Sun (Tome of Battle) manoeuvres. A Harbinger (PoW:E) or Swordsage (ToB) does nicely. You'll also need the Sun School (Complete Warrior) feat and the Follow Through talent from Brute Sphere (SoM).
Make sure you're in the Chronal Fission stance, which allows you two counters per round. Then make a normal, non-manoeuvre attack. Follow Through allows you to Bull Rush a struck opponent immediately, so do so. The Mirrored Pursuit ability of Setting Sun allows you to immediately teleport next to an opponent who is moved away from you by any means. Sun School allows you to attack whenever you teleport or move instantly. Attack again, triggering Follow Through, Mirrored Pursuit, and Sun School again. You have now pinballed your opponent.
2. Blast and Slice, or "How I learned to slit someone's throat after fireballing them"
This is actually a fairly simple combination, but it works best for Warmages or Clerics. Cast an attack spell as a Swift action, preferably one (such as Magic Missile) that is guaranteed damage at an opponent who will be brought under zero by this spell. Move up to them with your move action, then trigger the Death Blow feat from Complete Warrior, allowing you to CdG the enemy as a Standard.
File: 1495666145416.jpg (383.46 KB, 1000x1250) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
So there may be no session this week due to missing players in a zone where I really would like to have a full group, not set in stone yet but we'll see. I guess I'll just do a summary for now, though speaking of summaries, does anyone want them, or should I stop?
- en-route to the city, group arrives at a Roman camp of some sort. Now note that not!Rome is not on good terms with the country they're in.
- Uneasy, the group relaxes a little when it's made clear they're looking for a deserter that fits the description of the 'bandit leader' they just fought.
- Aurelia us Biktria and Tatiana Corvinus are there, which are big names that nobody in the group actually recognizes except the native Ossian (Ioanna). She manages to piss off Aurelia a bit by asking stupid questions about oniisan.
- They get to the city at last after reciveing a small amount of money (for PCs; it's a stupendous amount for NPCs). There's a fair being prepared, though it won't be up for another week.
- Group heads to the library in the meantime. Once they get in they realize the library is full of holes, literally, and also that there's no way out. The only way forward has a huge holy blocking the way.
- Matilde shoots a piton into the ceiling so everyone can swing across. Horatio is a coward and doesn't go first, which bites him in the back when he falls the fuck through. Also, Ioanna literally punches her way around the hole.
- They find a succubus there who immediately turns all of them on due to passive spell effects, but nothing happens. Either way they push her for info, which she gives. She's also pretty open about the fact that the library being completely abandoned is basically her fault.
- Miya makes the classic mistake of asking a demon for help with her soul, but is smart enough not to take either of the succubus' offers. The succ also gives Matilde some information, and Matilde seeks to rig the tournament at the fair. Ioanna also gets a name for her oniichan.
- The group leaves, and tries to go to sleep in literally the best inn in the city. However, they feel like peasants and head off to a less fancy place.
- Next morning they head off to Iridia's temple in the swamps, though not before selling Erika's liquor from 30k years back for massive $$$.
- They almost get their shit pushed in by Will of the Wisps though.
- Also they find out that Iridia's place is full of Christian symbolism (though not IC obviously).
Even though I'm in the game I do enjoy reading them.
That is mainly my problem, though, as if only the people who are in game give a damn then there's no reason for me to keep updating.
Hey Miyanon, got a question
Who's been the most 'untouchable' NPC you've met so far, in Miya's mind?
Um, probably the demon that we summoned, since it cursed her just by talking to her. Iridia is a strong contender as well, seeing as she saw her get dismembered multiple times and walk right back into the room, and she had her relic at one point and is currently transporting them to talk to God or something
How hard would it be for everyone if I moved the game 3 hours forward (that is to say, starting/ending 3 hours earlier)? How about 2, or 1?
I'd be fine with starting earlier, it'd probably get rid of most of my vanishings
too. I pretty much do nothing but post on samachan and watch airing stuff all morning leading up to the game anyways.
>starting/ending 3 hours earlier
that would actually make my life easier
Yeah, that's fine with me too. I only get up early on Saturday for the game anyway so a couple hours earlier makes no difference.
No session this week due to midterms.>>15195>>15196>>15197
Waiting on an answer from the other two for now.
Io is fine with earlier too.
Ok that's everyone then
I'll be moving it three hours earlier starting next week (11/4 for me, 11/3 for everyone else).
Your sleep schedule must really be something else
File: 1541612143212.jpg (168.08 KB, 532x611) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
So! A couple of things, both of them serious.
1. The elf has left, again. Mostly because of time constraints and changing real-life circumstances, but I'm under no illusions that she was unimpressed with the game being run. That actually ties into the second point, but it more directly affects the fact that I'm wondering if anyone else wants to sign up. Time's GMT+8 12:00 AM on Sunday, or GMT-5 11:00 AM on Saturday, lasts for 4-5 hours. Starting time is flexible forward to at least 3:00 AM GMT+8. Playing D&D 3.5e with some Pathfinder material retroconverted, starting level is going to be 3, levelling up to 4 within the first few sessions. The tone is probably going to be lighthearted, though the plot itself is serious.
2. One of the bigger problems that fucked up the storyline is that I went full retard and offered basically complete freedom to the PC backstories, leading to what amounted to a group of strangers travelling together because they had nothing else to do. This is ill-advised at the best of times with veteran players you know well. Now the question, then, is whether or not the current players want to do a hard reset or try to push on. A hard reset, in this case, means ditching the premise, but not necessarily the previous sessions. You would still be finishing up Iridia's temple unless everyone agrees to ditch that and unless you want to reroll your character you would be able to keep your inventory and your build, as well as most of the live plotlines (so Ba'al, the mystery assassin/genocide, and so on). However, your backstory would change, as would the original introduction to the story. Whether or not you play through the revised introduction is up to you lot - I suggest it but I'd understand if you guys were tired of that shit. I would, of course, also be fine with completely ditching the backstories and current stories.
2*. I'm currently leaning towards an old classic - the last of the royals and entourage of a minor nation on the run after their country was blown the fuck out, seeking support to regain their country. Who destroyed the country can be discussed later - my default is Ossia, but there's plenty of other choices - Kenseer, Avurs, even Cornelia, Roka or Kin'gn-kou. We could also change the setting if you'd like (though that obviously requires ditching all the current stories). However, if players have other ideas, please reply with a suggestion.
File: 1541837466957.png (1.09 MB, 1433x1013) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
By the way in case I wasn't clear, I was looking for answers.
Also, specifically for the anonymous who plays Ioanna, what's going on?
Given that /r/ is dead it bears repeating for DM-sans benefit that Matilde anon said he probably wouldn't be here. Also Miyanon is currently stuck at work and may be a tad late
Given that /r/ is dead I didn't actually know this to be the case and am debating simply retconning the entire temple which is turning out to be far more trouble than it is worth.
It's up to you of course but if were rebooting the whole thing for Yuno and the mushroom anon, assuming they actually want to play, it doesn't matter to me. I'll hop into Roll20 soon as I get home from work regardless
File: 1461716498413.png (228.04 KB, 358x408) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>assuming they actually want to play
Not you too icicle! You know you're not supposed to do that!
He quoted the post right above him you moron
Yeah you're right, I'm an idiot.
I really should't come on samachan first thing in the morning…
its okay forgive & forget
Also just for clarification:
Ossia = Rome
Kenseer = Elves
Avurs = Jewish Englanders
File: 69137323_p0.jpg (606.97 KB, 2704x3826) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
In case anyone is wondering, the next session is a one-shot from a published WotC adventure (very cliche - it's about making an orcish raid leader fuck off) and should be considered, if canonical, a prequel. This is mostly because, in absence of the other players actually having voted on the start and in absence of at least two players with complete sheets and - more importantly - backstories and relationships, a session-0-like time will be required. I intend to have that happen either at the end of the session or during the week following so we can be good to go on the 9th (8th).
On that note, it would be helpful if anyone with problems with their sheet told me so, so I could go through it and figure out what needs to be changed or make a sample build/help pick out feats/skill ranks if need be. I'll need to do it anyway during next week, but anyone who knows they have problems I can try and sort out during this week. Reply here and I'll be in the roll20 chat when I'm up.
For the Himesama player, I do have a sample build ready based on Harbinger, and can post it for you if you need it. I don't expect you to use it exactly, but it could give you an idea of some of the cool things you can do.
File: 1543625476777.jpg (254.28 KB, 1200x1200) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
I'm sicker than a plague-bomb piglet so I'm going to delay by 3 hours and see if I'm alive by then.
If not then well sorry but I've been puking my guts out for the past 12 hours and it's not stopping, got no idea what the fuck is up but it ain't good.
Its alright anonymous, I hope you get well soon! Make sure to go to the doctor!!
Matilde player here. Lucio's and Layla's scenarios sound the most interesting to me. Larison and Cornelia sound cool too. I'd rank them preferentially in the order mentioned but I don't feel too strongly about one over the other.
HEADS UP TO GM-PERSON:
it's my turn to contribute to the TUMBLING DOWN TUMBLING DOWN TUMBLING DOWN
basically I'll be only half-available this saturday
my connection will be crappy cellular connection and I'm not sure how much time/mental focus I'll have available
i'll still make THE GREATEST OF EFFORTS to show up tho
Miyanon here. I too won't be able to make it as I'll have no internet access and will be busy with holiday things. apologies.
So it turns out I'm gonna be on a plane for the next session too
File: slurp slurp.jpg (199.98 KB, 800x800) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
So, everyone, I've been basically looking through everyone's sheets and there's quite a few problems that I'll have to deal with before next session instead of this one as I've been inordinately busy this past week. I'll be posting the problems in this thread as I find them. Please respond to my queries or fix problems in your sheet as you see fit. I can provide help or suggestions for anyone who's stuck.
- Ryusei, can I ask you to break down your Spheres choices for me? Because it seems to me you should have 8 Spheres in total and you're missing two from level progression and one from tradition. I can't quite tell what the logic is here.
- icicle, you don't have Spheres, which I know you've been avoiding.
- Callampa, you know what you're missing since you've noted it. Probably get to it sooner rather than later.
- Ryusei and icicle, your skills are well fucked; I'll go over them before next week as I update my XML versions with skill ranks.
- Miya, you haven't chosen your bonus feat (from Scout 4) yet, I think? At the very least it isn't on your sheet.
File: 1409522047955.jpg (25.86 KB, 270x235) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>icicle, you don't have Spheres, which I know you've been avoiding.
I'm pretty sure I took mobility
Which I did indeed forget to note down, I'll fix that up.
Anyone ever played any Japanese TTRGPs? The only two I know are Maid RPG and Nechronica, neither of which I've ever touched. They look cool though.
Are we playing Dnd this week?
By the way most likely i won't be able to play next week
File: BB channeru~.jpg (192.51 KB, 772x1159) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
Which one are you, Matilde?
And I at least will be there; how many of the others show up is unknown.>next week
Ergo the 12th? Noted. If we can have a session this week at least I believe I can finish up the arc so a break works fine.
Due to work being absolute death I may be a bit late to this next session. Working Saturdays IS NOT going to be at all a regular thing for me though, so please don't fret about that. I will try my best to BS an excuse for leaving early though, so I'll keep DM-san updated if that works out.
If that does not work out, if we can move the time to like an hour later that would be a big help but if not my offer to have icicle or Ryu or someone else play my character for me still stands.
I dunno if an hour later works for everyone else but I don't really give a shit it's still the middle of the night for me, so I don't mind.
I didn't even realize what day it was so I didn't get around to looking through people's sheets for skill bullshit either, fricking hell.
I'm fine with an hour later
Not to worry, I got the OK to leave early.
Thank god for fictitious doctor's appointments. Same time as always is fine, apologies for the mix up.
See you guys tomorrow.
File: 17393186_p0.jpg (114.75 KB, 1600x1200) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>16412>Which one are you, Matilde?
It's not me. Must be shroomanon.
I really like this picture
Would it be possible to move the sessions back to sunday? Saturdays are looking really complicated to me for the next few months…
[S] sorry…….. [/S]
I mean I can do it sure
Wait for the other players to chip in
Can you make it today or nah?
I wont be able to make it today, I was thinking I might be able to but that's gone out the window.
So, what's the verdict? did you all agree on something in game?
Same time as normal, today instead of yesterday basically.
Alright sounds good
File: 60442074_p0.jpg (257.3 KB, 571x798) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
Matilde player here. I unfortunately won't be able to make it tomorrow, and might possibly also be out Sunday afternoons going forward. I'll see what happens.
DM said he wasn't gonna run a session tomorrow on account of a busted arm, so that works out, at least for this week.
uh, i think i won't be able to play this week
When is everyone free for the most part?
Friday night, saturday almost all day (except lunch time), sunday morning
the old time
Weekend until 3:00PM. Any later than what we do now is probably too late for me now.
Nothing is going to be decided until I can actually connect to the servers since I still can't get in.
That said it doesn't seem that there are really many choices. It basically is either the current time or the previous time.
Well I still have no preference time-wise
Hopefully we can find something that works for everyone and your internet will go back to behaving itself
I don't suppose there are any usable alternatives to Roll20 you're able to connect to?
Wow, that earring is really tiny and close to the edge of the ear. It could get torn out really easily which would probably hurt a ton. I bet it gets sore tugging on that tiny bit of ear all the time too especially for those extra articulate canid ears.
There really aren't. The tabletop sim market is pretty slim pickings, which is why Roll20 behaving like absolute fucking ass is still number one.
There's Astral TT which looks really fucking good, but that's in like a beta stage right now and it's…I can connect to it without a VPN but it's still slow as molasses without it.
so uh no d&d this sunday?
I'll try to make it. Things have been sort of stabilising for a while.
Hooray, I'll keep my fingers crossed for your internet to cooperate.
Also, a moment of silence for Horatio (and our dwindling party). He will be missed.
DM-san where are you?
I live in a country that doesn't use DST.
So we're changing the time back tot he original one - i.e. Saturdays. Just a heads up for that. I also might not be able to make it next week. I'll post here if I am able to.
I probably won't be able to show up this week
You are going to make Miya cry
No game this week then
Or, probably, next week, since I'll be abroad then.
Are we playing this saturday?
I hope so.
Probably will be unless the internet goes poorly
Which it is, right now at least.
Hey dragons, how's it baggin'? Got we dungeons to play, or do the internets be gay? Be we be plungin' away like they'd say on the day way back when, to Ikari and friends: (the whole J-town went) "I know, I know, yo, I've let you down, like how'n it all just keeps tumblin', from this rumblin' damn hole in the ground to the whole bumblin' tang-ass world around? Or is the whole party accounted for, present, and just starty to throw a pounding down or something more on a gaggle of peasants or a straggling pleasant and lovingly-prepared NPC who'll break our knees before we, can even read the novella of a biographee, and just barely leave us to get out in one piece with the looty from her cold-ass booty by the skin on our teeth?
It's gay as hell and I don't know why
Sorry for leaving you guys out to dry
Yo that's gay as hey but it can't be helped sometimes, the web just ain't gonna hold up to the kind, of work we ask of it on a dime and we get left out in the rain by no fault of our own, it's the same as when you're slickin' an ice cream cone and the phone goes whoop and you drop the whole scoop of dessert on the ground with a splatterin' sound leavin' you around to stand in an unflatterin' way as it melts in a mound with streams streamin' astray even though you'd had to pay for that treat of the day. When the web infastructa be leavin' you by, high, and dry the only thing left ya gotta say is shikata ga nai.
File: 73276993_p2.jpg (115.03 KB, 800x800) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
Sick rhymes, yo
You all do know it was around 16 hours ago right
Just making sure.
I don't understand this post
Just making sure everyone knows it's on Sunday now instead of Monday
Here it is on saturday instead of sunday
>>18560>what's happening now
I will show up tomorrow at the scheduled time and cross my fingers
File: 62974180_p0.jpg (739.99 KB, 1115x1411) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
Matilde anon here. Unfortunately I something came up and I probably won't be able to show up today, if the game's happening, sorry.
File: 1547272045857.png (157.1 KB, 565x541) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
Gonna show up anyways in vain hope of something happening through sheer force of will
So uh guys there IS a game today, or I had planned for one
Did everyone think it was cancelled
So a heads-up for Matilde: Gestalt. You can redistribute your statline or whatnot if you want.
Callampa is going Ranger|UC Monk and Miya isn't sure yet but might be going warpriest or cleric I think. Icicle is going UC Rogue. You can go Archivist, Slayer, Investigator, whatever really, just a heads up.
Tubular. Stacking Psychic with Broad Study or Sniper/Executioner or something sounds fun. I'll think about it.
I read the chatlog and there was something about discarding spheres. How does that work? Are we just replacing our spheres with the second class?
It's me finally giving up on icicle ever doing spheres is all really lmao
You can keep them, but whether or not you guys get any more or at the same rate I'll have to think about after a session or two as gestalt
Uh are we using 3.5's skill system or PF's? I know we have 3.5 skills but the way they handle class skills is different
Check out the Character thread and find the equivalencies.
As for the class skills vs. non-class skills thing we're using 3.5's.
Remember to go to sleep early tonight, you don't want to miss DnD tomorrow
Okay that's what I was wondering, thanks
The numbers are there so you can see those at least without further explanation. You've got 10 mana per day.
The build can freeze water (and frogs up to Medium size) with a touch. It has the ability to fire off an arbitrary number of snowballs, one a turn, up to 170 ft, doing 4d6+6 damage or 7d6+6 damage if you spend 1 mana on it. It can also toss a really big snowball (10 ft. across) to do damage to everyone inside the area. It can also fire a snowball at anyone who misses you in melee, and have a snowball orbiting you for up to four minutes that you can fire at anyone in range at any time (1 mana each). Everything I just mentioned can also be boosted by spending 1 mana to act like a homing missile and add 20 to its to-hit (so basically it'll never miss). You can also finally make a functional icicle dagger. It deals 4d6+10 damage and you have a decent to-hit. It only lasts four rounds right now, but that should be enough for a fight. I didn't buy equipment or anything, although I did do the skills.
You can turn invisible for up to four rounds whenever you want by spending 1 mana.
You can swim for up to two hours at a time without surfacing and can move pretty fast when you do. You can also 'swim' through loose dirt and packed snow by burrowing, although that's slow as hell.
You have decent defenses against magic - if you make a saving throw (fortitude/reflex/will) you negate the effects entirely. Also, you can dodge things via Reflex, although not attacks.
Cool sheet, icicle's a really strong blaster mage now, and I like that he gets defensive attacks. I almost went Mageknight as my second class because it's simpler than Prodigy and gets full BAB progression but Prodigy's flexibility was too cool. Using Doomblade to make the icicle dagger work was a great idea.
File: 70271990_p0.jpg (3.4 MB, 1800x2489) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
what about my ice flower garden and popsicle spells, though?
I really liked them :(
Life sphere with the Medicinal drawback would let you create healing popsicles with some minor reflavoring. They could be made to provide all sorts of effects too with the right talents.>>18752
Also I am confused as to where the damage numbers for the blasts are coming from. I come up with 3d6+5 for a normal blast and then 5d6+7 for a buffed one. 2d6 for being 4th level, then +1 to 3d6 from Greater Blast. +2 for being an elementalist, and then +3 or +5 from Focused Blast. Also worth noting that the Focused Blast damage does not apply if he's using Guided Strike, Explosive Orb, Energy Satellite, or Retributive Strike. On the other hand, I can't find a single source that says you need to spend points from your spell pool to activate your base Sphere Talents unless it's specifically stated as with Cure from the Life Sphere. So I think icicle can just make basic ice blasts all day long for free, and his buffed, homing, and explosive attacks only cost him 1 rather than 2.
Yeah those are Shape blasts so they don't apply.
>where the damage numbers are coming from
Cold Focus gives +2 CL, iirc. It might be DC, honestly, I'm tired as fuck and didn't check but 4d6 isn't exactly a world-ender, I'll look it over later on.
>basic ice blasts
Yeah he can fire basic bitch ice blasts for as long as he wants. It costs 2 if he wants to stack the fat blast and a shape, since he can do that.
Making a popsicle you can do just via freezing stuff, even if it doesn't heal anything right now.
I swapped one of the feats around for Energy Aura so now you can make a garden around yourself.
Again i think i won't be available this week
Rest in Peace
Guess we can just
I dunno, maybe we can do some mock encounters or something.
It is likely that I'll be a little late but I'll do my best to show up. I think it's worth running some mock combat just to test out icicle's new sheet if nothing else.
What do you use to make all the maps and stuff we've been playing on? I floated the idea of playing with some folks over roll20 and now the DM role has been thrust on me since I'm the only one with actual experience playing.
Do you also need help writing? I can write some pretty gay stuff
…Gay as in homosexual or gay as in chuuni?
Because I've no problem with running the latter but I'd prefer to avoid the former. I have a basic plot in my head that should last a few sessions until I come up with something longer term.
File: 1555545596819.jpg (250.06 KB, 1250x927) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>18885>what do you use to make the maps
Explain? You mean the battlemaps? I usually download them from online, you can find archives in /tg/ stickies or on places like pinterest. If you want to make your own there's software for that but I mostly use GIMP or the r20 native software. The original dungeon and the towns were made in r20, the mappe, the hexgrid, and a couple of the areas were made in GIMP, and the place you guys fought the Hound and the current area were downloaded from online.
Also when are you playing, let me play a game for fuck's sake.>>18889
He's asking if you need help maintaining a plot, because winging it is generally a recipe for disaster unless you really are that experienced. Also that running for new players can be pretty difficult since they don't tend to know their own abilities.
File: LQVERN6.png (2.51 MB, 2039x2894) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
File: 1474886516889.jpg (289.02 KB, 964x1020) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
Just dropping a couple of pictures nothing important
Ahh okay thanks
I found a download with a ton of mapping objects so it should be pretty easy for me to just arrange those in GIMP or something>Also when are you playing, let me play a game for fuck's sake.
B-but my campaign is gonna suck…
Also these are all people from my school days who I've kept up with through the internet so we'd likely be using voice chat and our real names. I might prefer text chat though because I don't think i can orate descriptively nearly as well as i can write.
I don't care dude I just want a game
When is it
File: 816712544251.PNG (425.86 KB, 449x514) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
Argh! I can't write or anything I'm happy with, I get halfway through making an NPC or writing a plot or a location description or a map and then decide that there's no way it'll work.>>18901
I don't have a time yet because getting a hold of people is impossible…
I'm not entirely averse to running a game for you or others but it's a lot of pressure because I don't know what the heck I'm doing and I surely suck at all of it.
And now the realization hits that writing a game isn't actually that easy
Flip through the DMGs of 3e and 5e (there's two for 3e). Check out a few prepublished adventures if you have no good ideas.
Why are you trying to write your own game for your first time? Just do a module or something. Your gay butt friends might not really even be interested enough in your ass to play past that.
By module do you mean one of those 3-level things that WotC puts out?
I was thinking something more like Iron Gods or RotRL, since Paizo for all their other faults puts out REALLY detailed books for their APs.
Yeah, I wouldn't really want to make a long-term commitment with people who I haven't played some short stuff with to feel up first. After that sure a full adventure path. The old ones from Dungeon were also series of modules so you could even just segue straight into them from there. The pathfinder books are probably the most user-friendly ones I've ever seen though so there's always that too.
Yeah Dungeon and WotC put out short modules, I just was thinking because Paizo's only short for noobs is that retarded goblins one iirc.
Also check out Dungeon 146's Escape from Meenlock Prison. It's a decently easy and very short module, like 2 sessions. It's NOT actually an escape-from-prison module.
There's also the initial prison break from Way of the Wicked, which should be roughly as fast, and IS a prison break module that lets you segue into the rest of the story. It's written for Evils though.
If the anonymous who wanted to write is still up for it I think it would be fun to do some collaborative samaworld building>>19043
I dunno, part of the appeal of D&D is that you get to be creative so it seems boring to run something that someone else made up.
Also, I've known them for 10+ years, even if my campaign sucks I'm sure we'll have fun.>>19046
I have something self contained planned that hopefully will last 3-5 sessions, and at the end there's gonna be something the players find that could serve as a starting point to a bigger campaign
There's also a good idea to just run a kick-down-the-door style game. These games have really no RP, it's all combat, but it's important because it lets players learn the game and get down good habits like knowing how their abilities work. That's why I went through great and honestly nonsensical twists to toss you into Erika's temple. Rattan Athuk had a good introductory dungeon called the Maw but I can't find it, but any sort of similar idea is good.
>part of the appeal of D&D is that you get to be creative
Being creative doesn't necessarily mean you need to make up the entire world. I do feel like for your first campaign a good AP makes more sense, you can always put your own twists on things. An AP is a good first 'long' campaign because it allows you to learn, by running a game, how to structure plots, twists, and so on. It's not so much that I'm saying your campaign will be shit so much as it's really common for first time GMs to severely underestimate what goes into a game and end up underpreparing, and since you have so much freedom you don't learn how to tell your players 'No'. With an AP, you have the prepublished to fall back on.
Ahaha now that he's cohabiting with some dude from the internet he's mixing up his IRL nakamas together with Anonymous fuckboys he barely knows…
New GMs trying to write their own settings for their first time has turned more than one person I've known off GMing altogether. Take that as you may, but writing a setting that is reactive and enjoyable to fuck up is a whole different beast from writing a novel or video game setting, and can be kind of emotionally or mentally taxing if you go about it ineffectively.
File: 1556558525208.png (128.82 KB, 423x412) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
I think my internet is being uncooperative again and the day after I'm not actually off (holiday shuffles), so there is no game today. I totally forgot about this until like yesterday, so sorry about that.
File: 1547314865304.png (91.92 KB, 606x334) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
seeya next week, everyone
I woke up early for nothing, time to crawl back to bed
this thread is a graveyard lol
File: 1485555467745.jpg (10.76 KB, 235x250) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
Also it would've gone a lot smoother if you didn't bow out ;-;
sorry but i didnt expect for my company to expand and put a ton of work onto me right at the same time
before then my job was easy as fuck and I had tons of time to burn
A-any chance of it easing up soon?
consider i worked 54 hours last week, probably not
i'm pray though!
man im dumb
Christ that sounds fucked up, did you just work every day of the week?
Yune is sleepy don't bully
Getting 5 people from different time zones all together at one time is hard I suppose. I'm surprised Samachanners are so busy too.
Combine that with the fact that people keep bowing out and the DM's internet dying on us and I'm impressed that the game is still going. I am glad it is though I look forwards to pretending to be a foxgirl with Samachan every week.
>>19354>I'm surprised Samachanners are so busy too.
Rude! I'm proudly unemployed!
then i expect you treat samachan like a full time job
I didn't mean that in a rude way! It seems Samachanners are all successful and popular people!
Think you're rubbing it in
How did you come to that conclusion?
I have to assist to something so i think we will have to end early tomorrow
no game today?
File: 1546109466307.png (167.13 KB, 1377x810) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
i guess not
apparently everyone got the message beside me
I did say last session that I'd be in Seoul…
Why would you go there
You speak like I wanted to be there